LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Thursday 28 April 2011

Juicing

Now that we are home and not on the move every day it's time to get back to healthy eating. We know far more about the impact of food on our bodies than ever before and as we age we seem to be more susceptible to the damage sugar, fats and food additives can do to us. So today we started the morning with a green drink.

These are just a few of the foods we use when juicing; your choice may be different but it is an easy way to provide a wide variety of nutrients, our bodies need, in one glass of juice.

Soup, crackers, hummus, avocados, and salsa make an excellent healthy meal, whether for supper or lunch.



Now Andrew says I spend too much time writing about food, but stop and think how the food choices we make, impact our health. Maybe we all should think a little more about what we consume and how it makes us feel. I love chocolate, it makes me feel good, but too much and I'm in trouble when I visit my doctor. Variety and moderation has to be my new approach. Lets see what a month of healthy eating will do for me. I'll report back the end of May. WOW! That's putting a lot of pressure on me, but maybe  having a goal and a date may turn out to be very beneficial.

Safe travels and we will talk later

No comments:

Post a Comment