LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Be Alert!

Usually I have my camera close by, but out here I need to have it loaded and ready. So often we see wildlife for just a second and then it's gone. To have my camera on the floor, means I lose the picture. My camera needs to be at my elbow, turned on, pre set for speed and lighting and ready to point and shoot.

Here is what I saw yesterday as I drove in to town.

Mother goose with her two little ones.

You will need to blow this picture up, but, there is a pair of loons swimming just in front of the island.

This one I almost ran over.

Here he is up close, looking back to see what almost hit him.

If you are coming north, bring your camera, you are bound to see something special and worth capturing on film.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment