LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Sunday 19 February 2012

An Hour Late

How could we be an hour late? Carol had sent us her arrival time. We left Quartzsite in plenty of time to reach Phoenix, but I hadn't factored in "Old Murphy" Couldn't get the truck above 60 mph so drove the whole distance with my flashers on. Tomorrow (Monday) I'll find a dealer and get the diagnostic printout on the condition of the truck. Do you think I should be sitting down when I get that news?



Otherwise we are happy to be in Sedona. Carol and Don were very patient and understanding when we called and said we would be an hour late. They were  delighted with the facilities (above) here at Sedona Pines Resort and we are looking forward to doing some hiking later tomorrow. (I'm writing this Sunday night)

I'll post more pictures later in the day once the sun comes out. Actually had a few drops of rain this afternoon.

Check back later as I update the saga.


So here we are,  happy campers, in front of our chalet.  In spite of the truck problems we are having a good time.

The truck goes in for repairs on Thursday, a new turbo, second one in two years.


Carol and Don have the unit on the right we have the one behind our truck. Our unit has the kitchen so we hang out there. Tonight "home-made" pizza is on the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment