LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Sunday 22 April 2012

Do I Look Old?

Mary and I often use the Go bus and train to get from Peterborough to Toronto; less stress and cheaper than driving in. So today we were off to see our new grandson for the first time. Marvin was kind enough to drive us out to Trent University where we caught the Go bus and had front row seats. Thanks Marvin.

Now, here we are off to see our grandson for the first and what does everyone take when they see their grandchild for the first time? Pictures. That's when I discovered I left my camera in the truck, first sign of old age today; but not the end of the story.

So the Go bus takes you to Oshawa where you transfer to the Go train, which takes you right in to Union station, Toronto. Total cost $16.90. But as a senior citizen I get the ride for $8.45, not bad.

Now comes part two of feeling older. Being Sunday, there were lots of empty seats on the train, so I sat on one side to see the lake and Mary sat on the other side to avoid the drafty heating vent. I kept our two suitcases with me propped up on the seats in front. Great ride in, very smooth and on time so we were happy. Now the moment of embarrassment.

As the train pulled to a stop and I rose to get the suitcases off the seat, a cute little thing about university age ask, "Do you need help sir? Could I help you?"

She was very sincere and it was very kind of her, but I assured her I could handle things and did manage to get off the train without falling or dropping the luggage.  Yea!

But do I really look that old? Don't answer that unless you're prepared to lie.

Safe travels and I promise next time to take my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment