LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Exhausted (post was written yesterday)

It's pitiful, here it is 7:30 and my eyes are heavy, my arms tired, my back sore and I'm exhausted. We worked alongside TJ and Dave today and I'll admit it, I'm over the hill. Can't do that work every day for 10 hours. Those guys are awesome.


We were up and out of the trailer at 7 this morning to start the day with Dave and TJ. I worked with TJ and Mary worked with Dave so we had two teams cutting and installing siding today. We are delighted with the progress and wish we could do it again tomorrow but we have meetings in Peterborough.


Richard dropped by along with Jeff from Tackaberry to discuss the HRV system and the radiant floor heating.



It's "black fly" season up here so Mary hung her mosquito netting over the picnic table so lunch could be eaten without ingesting unwanted protein. Black flies don't taste like hamburgers.





Work, work, work, that's all we did today; no sitting around when you work with Dave and TJ.






This is the gadget that was giving me sleepless nights. It was set at 60 psi before the concrete floor was poured and by the time I could walk on the floor and check the gage it had dropped to 28 psi. Oh  sh ......!
Did the guys puncture our radiant floor tubing when they were pouring our floor? No way, so Richard claims and he should know; he's been in the heating business for years and says the tubing is so tuff even deliberative hitting it with a shovel wouldn't puncture it. OK, I can sleep better tonight.


Thanks for stopping by and we will chat tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment