LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Saturday 23 June 2012

Finally Done

Sean and I worked non stop Friday and Saturday morning to get the drywall on the ceiling. I think we were both surprised that we accomplished the task. It was exhausting work, measuring, marking, cutting, lifting, attaching; repeat all over again. But it's done and we are happy and now able to move on to the next task.
I find it best to have two tasks going at once; one indoors, one outdoors. That way I can accommodate the weather, either rain or high temperatures and still continue to work in some comfort.
Next week I will continue the gable build-outs, and start the interior walls. If it rains I can work inside, stay dry and get the walls up. If it is sunny I can work outside (on the shady side of the house) and get the steel up. Either way we are working to get moved in by the end of July.
Here are a few pictures of the completed ceiling. Let me know what you think of our "amateur" job.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.



Friday morning, looking south from the north west corner of the house.



This was the area we needed to get done before noon on Saturday.




Guess what? We did it. Here we have Sean putting the last sheet in place.




Saturday, and Sean is cutting out the pot-light locations. Thanks to Marvin, his "roto-zip" made the job very easy to do.



DONE! YEA! We are delighted that we met our deadline and now we are ready to "mud and tape" the ceiling. I think I might wait until we have the walls up and covered with drywall.

1 comment: