LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Friday 8 June 2012

You Never Know What You'll See

I try to remember to take my camera with me whenever we leave our property. Usually on our drive into town we will see deer, turtles, turkeys, jays, downy woodpecker, loons, etc. Sometimes we are surprised.


If it's sunny we usually see turtles out on a log, necks extended, heads held high, enjoying the warm rays of the sun. These guys had a perfect spot. (double click on the picture)



Looks like the little one is learning from the older one.



But this was a surprise. Stopped to let these folks cross the road, and at first glance I thought they had a large dog on the leash.........



No dog, that's a goat. I have no idea why they were walking around town with a goat. Maybe he's their pet, but do you walk into a store with a pet goat? You never know what you're going to see in Bancroft.


Tonight is the "Run for the Cure" and it starts at 8 and goes all night down at the park. Lots of trailers and booths already set up for that.


Up at the curling club is the "Home and Cottage" show this weekend, so lots happening.


Thanks for dropping by.

1 comment:

  1. How cute! This reminded me of when I was in 3rd grade, living in Davis California. We had a pet lamb that I walked on a leash all over the place, his name was Snowball.

    ReplyDelete