LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Friday 24 August 2012

SOME DAYS ARE SLOWER THAN OTHERS

We missed Ben yesterday. Progress when I work alone is at a snail pace, pitiful. In the morning I worked on the west gable while Mary worked inside on the east corner of the great room.

By 1 pm the sun was around the corner blazing down on the west side of the house and my tired body. Decided to pack it in and went to town to get meat for the weekend and check out our storage for paint brushes. Any painters in the audience?



So this is all I was able to get done yesterday. (4 panels on the west gable) Today with Ben here we will finish the west gable and start on the east gable. I also need to get the floor in the guest bathroom cut and opened so I can bury a pex waterline to the bathtub. Not a fun job cutting a groove into concrete. I need a channel 2" deep and maybe 24" long. I was planning to drill out as much as possible with a concrete drill then chip away at what was left. If you have a better idea pass it on.



Mary patiently works the plaster across all the seams and nails so we can paint this corner this weekend. Monday the wood stove goes in and we want some of the wall completed.





This is our home today .....................





and this was the scene one year ago. Now remember we went away for 6 months and there was no work done here so I think we are making good progress, thanks to Ben, family and friends.

Time for breakfast then back to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment