LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Friday 11 January 2013

JANUARY THAW

We are into a mild spell at the moment. Our days are above freezing and our snow is melting. Looks like this will be short lived as temperatures are set to plummet below freezing on Monday.

Yesterday I took advantage of the mild temperature to apply some caulking to the outside of our windows. We discovered major water penetration when Carol and Don were here last week so I'm hoping this will solve the problem.





The picture  above was taken with my new Canon S110 pocket camera. One feature I really like is the macro setting as you can see by the keyboard picture. This setting allows me to get very close to the subject. 



Another shot with the macro setting.

I'll still use my SLR camera but the pocket camera will become my camera of choice whenever I leave the house.

It's suppose to rain today so I may add some pictures this afternoon. (What else can one do when it is raining?) 

Check out Sherri's Blog to see how Owen is moving about.

Thanks for writing John and Barb and safe travels Tony.

P.S.

As promised a shot of our afternoon. Dreary weather, time for a good book. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Is that the camera you ordered for boxing day special from Henry's? It will be great to have a small camera again to keep handy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Art and Mary... Just love the small cameras pocket size... got a Canon Powershot Elph100HS. Enjoy, chat again soon.

    ReplyDelete