LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Tuesday 12 February 2013

BIRDS

We seem to have a large flock of finches around this winter. They arrive, eat like crazy for a while then disappear only to return in an hour or so. I think they make the rounds of feeders on the lake.

Mary will be home tonight. She has been helping Sherri the last few days. Every day Sherri gets a little stronger but it will be months before she is fully back to her old self.

I'm much more mobile with my walking cast, even able to get down and look after the chickens. Carol stamped out a path that is much easier to negotiate even with my cast and bowl of chicken food I can manage the trek. Thanks Carol.

Otherwise everything is quiet here. Temperatures are hovering around the freezing point but I know we are a long way from spring.

Safe travels and thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment