LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Saturday 22 June 2013

GAS PRICES!!!!!!

Mary has been busy with her latest wall hanging. She learned this style when we were down at my sisters in May and thought this creation would give our home a "Northern Ontario" feeling. What do you think. She calls it "First Portage".




Thursday gas in town was selling for $121.9 a liter. Friday morning it was down to $116.9 and in the afternoon it was $111.9. Naturally there was a lineup but everyone was patient and we all got our gas. What are you paying for fuel these days?




We won't see prices this low again. Hope you had a chance to take advantage of it.




Here's a little guy who doesn't worry about gas prices. I spotted him wandering through the MNR parking lot in town about 10 a.m. Guess he was looking for a place to sleep.


Mary isn't back from fishing yet so no idea what we are having for supper. I'm hoping fish and sweet potato fries.

Thanks for stopping by and let me know what fuel costs where you live.

Fish for Lunch: update 10:30 am


Looks like we are having fish & chips for lunch.




Mary caught, landed and cleaned them. She loves the outdoors.

3 comments:

  1. Mary you are so talented! First Portage is beautiful! And Art the gas here in Kincardine ranges from 127.9 and 129.9. What a difference from what you're getting in Bancroft!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ronda;

    Yes, Mary did a fabulous job on her "First Portage". I suspect gas will be back to $121.9 when we next go into town.

    Glad you are keeping an eye on us and thanks for writing. Always good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I'm afraid I missed those good gas prices. I just filled up the tank of my newly purchased Honda Civic for the first time on Friday. I had to pay $1.26 per litre. :( But it only cost me $38. Those little cars must have equally small tanks! Keep up the good blogging; I stop in once in awhile to check it out.

    -shawn martin

    ReplyDelete