LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Wednesday 4 September 2013

LEANNE and DAVIE

Leanne and Davie are up for the week. Davie wants some help making a quilt and Leanne came up for a holiday but brought work with her.



Right after breakfast I had the girls help me get some logs out of the bush.



Davie drove the bobcat. Looks like she is having fun.



Then I split and stacked the wood. I think we have enough wood for the next two years.



While I split wood the ladies went back inside to work on their own projects.



Mary gave Davie a short lesson on sewing .....



......... then she tried it. I don't hear anyone screaming so I gather everything must be going well.

They are using the sewing machine, iron, lights, and Leanne has her desk-top computer connected to the internet. All this is happening with power from our batteries on a cloudy day. Amazing.

The girls are here all week so I'm sure I'll have more to report tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment