LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Friday 2 May 2014

WALKING

Saw my cardiologist yesterday and he was happy with my cholesterol results. All numbers came back in the acceptable range. He wants to see me in a year to do another stress test so the pressure is on to maintain and maybe improve my numbers.

First step is designing a program that will accomplish those goals. Walking is recognized as a perfect exercise to improve ones cardiovascular system especially those who have been less active in recent years.

 So today I start with baby steps and add to my distance each time I go out. My goal is to be doing 5 km each walk by the end of May. 

To this routine I will add some stretching as well as weights thinking that those are almost as important as walking. 

Now that I've stated publicly my exercise program I know my sisters will be checking in to make sure I'm maintaining the program. They already have an excellent walking routine and are an inspiration to me, who has found it too easy to sit and enjoy the views rather than get out and enjoy the walks.

I'll let you know in three months how I'm doing with the walking.

Time to get my walking boots on and get outside.

Thanks for stopping by and keeping an eye on me.

2 comments:

  1. Lori and Doug2 May 2014 at 15:45

    Sounds like you need a dog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori and Doug;

    We've talked about getting a dog many times. Looked at the pros and cons and our lifestyle as well as our love of travel. So far the chickens are enough for us. Looking forward to getting together.

    ReplyDelete