LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Wednesday 26 November 2014

CHAINS

I use the skid-steer to clear snow from our driveway. It has worked great the past few years but every once in a while I get into a difficult situation.




When I find the skid-steer sliding sideways down the hill with no way to stop the slide then I know I need some help.  Chains I hope will provide the traction I'm looking for. 




I ordered them last Monday and they arrived yesterday, just over a week from BC. Not bad.




Now I need to adjust and tighten them so they are ready to work and keep me from sliding sideways when I want to be going straight.

I'll let you now if they are as good as the manufacturer claims.

Thanks for stopping by and safe travels everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment