LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Wednesday 20 May 2015

CAREER CHANGE


Big trucks have always been a passion of mine. Today I had a chance to get behind the wheel and take one out for a spin.



My friend Bob was home for a few days and he was kind enough to give me a tour of his new truck. WOW! Just amazing. It's a Volvo which to me is the Cadillac of the trucking industry.








After a few instructions and under the watchful eye of Bob, I took the wheel and eased us out onto the country road. 












The view from the cab is remarkable. Bob reminded me not to touch certain gauges. We had no trouble negotiating safely around the block. This truck is high tech, automatic and so easy to drive. 

Doug took the pictures while I drove. It was just a great way to start the day and conclude our visit with my sisters.

Now, should I come out of retirement and follow Bob down the highway? Something to think about. (Not says Mary)

Thanks Bob; you made my day.

1 comment:

  1. We agree with Mary! Stay retired and enjoy it :-)

    ReplyDelete