LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Tuesday 11 August 2015

RECOVERING

Sorry for the lack of posts but I have been a little under the weather.

After four fabulous days with my sisters I came home with some type of bug or allergic reaction.

On the drive home my face became itchy and there was some swelling on one side. I figured I got a bite while away and went to bed expecting the problem to be gone in the morning.

By 11pm I woke Mary to take me to hospital as the swelling had increased considerably. We were in and out within an hour having seen the doctor, taken some pills and with a prescription in hand.

Unfortunately by 4am the pain in my head had increased and the swelling was worse than before. Back to the hospital where I was admitted, put on the monitor and drip and given Benadryl through a needle. 

I woke about 7 when the doctor stopped by to check on me. The swelling was down considerably and the pain had subsided so with a new prescription for stronger drugs Mary took me home.

I'm being looked after superbly, eating healthy delicious recovery meals and taking my medication every 6 hours. Hopefully in a day or two I will be 100% and back on my feet. 

So far we have no idea as to the cause of the swelling, whether it was a bug bite or an allergic reaction to something I ate on the way home.

I must say how excellent my hospital care was. They saw me promptly, kept an eye on me throughout the night and made sure I was comfortable and progressing back to health before letting me leave. Dr Keila, nurse Pam and the team at North Hastings Hospital were outstanding in my opinion. You can't ask for better care than that. 

I will post again once I am up and about and able to work outside.

Until then safe travels everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your mysterious malady! Could it be connected to the wasp stings? A delayed reaction perhaps??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori;

    There is a strong possibility the be sting played a part in this. I suspect that my immune system was weakened because of the sting and whatever I reacted to on the way home had an easy time of making me sick. Up and about today but it will be light work if any.

    ReplyDelete