LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Tuesday 10 November 2015

BIRTHDAY BOY

We are spending a week with my sisters and their husbands at a resort in Thornbury. Yesterday was a perfect day for a hike so we walked the 12 km trail from our lodge to Meaford. I took my camera along but didn't realize it had no memory card, so no pictures.

Unfortunately the resort's internet service is too slow to allow me to upload pictures. I'll post them once we find a faster service or get home.

10 minutes later ...................  Just after I posted this the internet permitted me to upload pictures, (go figure) so here are a few from yesterday.


We celebrated Don's _0 birthday last night. Annabelle prepared a delicious pulled pork meal and we all enjoyed some good time around the table.



Here's the birthday boy all smiles. He sure doesn't look _0. Birthdays are a great excuse to get together for a few days of celebration.



As soon as supper was over what did we do ? ......................... check our e-mails. We're just like the teenagers, crazy. 

It's not yet 7 a.m. and I just returned from taking a few outdoor shots. Icy on the boardwalk this morning.


Thornbury harbour at 6:30 this morning. Taken from the front door of our lodge.



Our home for the week.

Sunrise and now it's time .......



for my morning swim. Chat later. Thanks for keeping an eye on us.

Safe travels Bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment