LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Sunday 13 March 2016

OLD COAST GUARD STATION


Each morning I walk a little further north on the boardwalk. Today I reached this restored Coast Guard Station built in 1903. It is now used as a museum dedicated to the men who maned such stations along the Virginia shoreline. I just can't imagined jumping into that rowboat in the middle of a storm to rescue some crew-members from drowning as their ship floundered in the waves.

I find as I walk the deserted boardwalk my mind says "Run Art" and my body says "walk". Just wish they would make up their minds so I would know what to do.

1 comment:

  1. Art why do you want to run? Is it scary on the boardwalk?

    ReplyDelete