LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Thursday 11 August 2016

COLD-FRAME

When it's 30*C outside it's tough to be thinking cold, but we know it's coming. Country folks have to be thinking one season ahead, otherwise they may freeze.

With that in mind I decided to tackle the cold-frame project this week. Sean suggested assembling it on the deck which was easy for me to do keeping all the corners square.


Not having a reciprocating saw I chose to use the chainsaw to trim the posts. Not the safest applications but got the job done and no blood was shed.


Now that the box is complete I need to make the cover and move it to the south side of the house.

That job may wait until Sean gets back up here.

Until then I need to start splitting  wood and loading the firewood crates for the fall start to our heating season.

I told you, we are always thinking one season ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment