LIVING OFF GRID

This blog is about our travels in our solar powered "Airstream" and living off grid, in our passive solar home, near Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

If you have any questions send us a comment; we love to hear from our readers.
Click on pictures for larger view

Wednesday 12 April 2017

CONSTRUCTION DAY

Yesterday I set up my chop saw on our front porch so I could cut lumber and build a lid for our cold-frame. I like working on the porch as it's an easy cleanup once done; just sweep the chips off the deck. It's a little crowded at the moment as I have a stack of black walnut drying there.

Our freezer also shares the porch and I use it as a work table when cutting and building my projects.

Chop saws make the work so much easier and accurate. The frame members were easily cut and ready to glue together in less than an hour.

I used a band to hold the frame together once all the pieces were glued.

In the afternoon I routed out a section to fit the glass into for the lid. Thanks for the glass Marvin.

And that's as far as I got yesterday. Today we have company for lunch so this project may be on hold until Thursday. Life is busy back here in the bush.

Safe travels everyone and thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. What a handy man you are!! I remember the wonderful puppet theatre you made for our kids way back in the early seventies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth;
    You have a better memory than me. Haven't used some of those tools in years. Now with grandkids that might change.

    ReplyDelete